Identifying Industry Standards and Best Practices for Telemedicine
The Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC) contracted with Ai on a project to identify industry standards and best practices that Maryland should adopt for connecting telemedicine technology to a centralized network. The standards will be used to support the electronic exchange of clinical information, and ensure interoperability and access to a provider directory.
In performing this work, Ai facilitated a telemedicine work group to inform standards development. Additionally, the Ai team performed an extensive literature review of telemedicine standards. These activities will inform other areas of work including the following:
- Authoring a technical standards manual/implementation guide,
- Identifying challenges and recommendations for implementation,
- Collaborating with the statewide HIE,
- Developing a strategy for provider education, and
- Authoring a final report.