Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
Audacious Inquiry is an information policy and technology company—and we’re leading the charge to make healthcare smarter. We offer bold enterprise IT and health policy solutions. Our teams and partnerships deliver results that are transforming health information systems, care coordination, and big data capture and management across the country. We are currently hiring a System Administrator to join our team and to assist in the management of our technical infrastructure.
- Facilitates network and systems infrastructure design and deployment in partnership with other staff and contracted resources.
- Rigorously documents system design and changes due to maintenance or enhancements.
- Performs system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Designs and maintains operational, configuration, and/or other procedures. This includes configuration and deployment of new cloud services, servers, laptops, user account administration and end user technical onboarding and training.
- Performs asset management and tracking of hardware and software licensing.
- Conducts network and server troubleshooting, configuration and ongoing performance tuning.
- Oversees issue tracking using JIRA ticketing system
- 2+ years of systems administration experience
- Extensive knowledge of system administration fundamentals including MS Office, email systems, server maintenance, hardware troubleshooting, virus scanning, network troubleshooting and VPN.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (i.e. VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS EC2)
- Experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience with VoIP technology
- Experience in a consulting or customer-facing environment preferred
- Knowledge in the following technologies preferred:
- Wired & Wireless Networking (TCP/IP)
- Security Gateways (VPNs, Firewalls, etc)
- Atlassian JIRA
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Server and Desktop Operation System Administration (Linux, Windows 7+ and Server 2008+, Apple OSX)
- Load Balancing/Clustering
- Backup/Recovery Systems
- Microsoft Office 2010+